Thursday, November 15, 2007

Muah

Eva Longoria knows how to throw it down in the kitchen

People Magazine
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 15, 2007 09:45 AM EST
By Jed Dreben


Thanks to the writers strike, Eva Longoria has a little extra time on her hands. But don't worry, the Desperate Housewives star is keeping busy, whipping up Thanksgiving dinner and finalizing plans for her Mexican-American restaurant, BESO. "I love to cook!" Longoria, 32, told PEOPLE while relaxing at the soon-to-open eatery during Samsung's BlackJack II event Wednesday night. "I'm a big, big cooker in my family, so this is kind of an extension of my house. I feel like everybody's going to be in my living room."Longoria swears she's hands-on when it comes to BESO, which is located in Hollywood and is in partnership with celebrity chef Todd English. "I'm so involved, I picked the uniforms," she said. "A lot of these are my recipes. We've developed a really fun menu." One person who's already a devoted fan of Longoria's culinary creations: husband Tony Parker. (The two wed in France at an over-the-top wedding this past July.) "I cook anything he wants to eat," she said. "Everything. I mean, every day it's a different date."
Giving Thanks, And PizzaThe Housewife also put food where her mouth is by bringing pizza to the picket line in a show of support for her show's striking writers. She also says that the cast got together to help sweeten the holiday for the series' behind-the-scenes staff. "We got everybody in our crew a turkey for Thanksgiving," Longoria says. "We went and bought 300 turkeys, and we handed them out the last day we were shooting. And I know that's not a lot, but it's a gesture [that] we're going to get through this." So, with Thanksgiving in the air, what's Longoria thankful for this year? "My new marriage" she said, beaming. "I'm really lucky that I got to find someone like Tony who's putting up with me."

Source: People Online

No comments: