Wednesday, April 9, 2008

In a Perfect World...........according to Mexicans though

Did they think this wouldn't make some people mad? Especially with all the immigration hullabaloo going on.

"The colorful ad, created by the Teran\TBWA agency and the vodka maker, is a sight gag depicting what a map of North America might look like "In an Absolut world," i.e., a perfect one.

It shows the Mexican border extending, very roughly, to its position during the 1800s before the Mexican-American War.

At that time, California as we now know it was part of Mexican territory and known as Alta California. Those territories eventually became U.S. property after the voluntary annexation of Texas and, later, the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo."

I mean, it doesn't offend me. I honestly don't even care. It's pretty clever on their part though.

Full Story

2 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Someone emailed this to me last week, along with the message to boycott Absolut products. Trust me, it's pissed of plenty of people!

Ñ said...

Oh I believe it. I just can't believe that they would make this and not think people wouldn't get mad about it ha.