Sunday, February 3, 2008

Bordertown

I watched this movie over the weekend. I know a lot of people have their issues with Jennifer Lopez. Well, she doesn't bother me and I have to give her some props for doing all she does. Anyway, I thought this movie was very good and gave me some insight as to what atrocities have been happening in Ciudad Juarez in Mexico. For those who don't know, Juarez is right across the border from El Paso, Texas. This movie is about the hundreds of rapes and murders that have been happening to Mexican women (many of whom work in factories late at night). Many of the cases go unsolved and many have not received proper justice due to some corruption in the government. I don't want to give away too much. But here is the trailer. Bottom line, intense moments based on true events. J. Lo also seems to be wearing a really bad wig in the beginning ha.

1 comment:

miss r said...

Ooo I've never heard of this! It looks good.